Age and Residence Requirements
Many of our classes require a minimum age of 16. If you have questions about age requirements for a specific class, call (502) 485-3500. You are not required to be a resident of Jefferson County to attend classes. Many of our students come from surrounding counties and Indiana.
Cancellations and Classes not in Session
Most classes require a minimum number of students. In the case of insufficient enrollment, students will be contacted and given an opportunity to transfer to another location, transfer to another class, receive an electronic voucher, or receive a refund. Class maximums vary according to the nature of the class. After the registration deadline has passed, Louisville Learns reserves the right to cancel any class that does not meet the minimum enrollment. All classes that have sufficient registrations by the deadline date will continue to accept registrations until the first day of the class.
Louisville Learns classes that meet on site at Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) locations, will not meet when JCPS are closed, no exceptions This includes holidays, staff development days, snow days, etc. Click here to view the JCPS calendar.
Registration Deadline Information
Please register as soon as possible to ensure that the class has adequate enrollment to take place. Keep in mind that many classes fill quickly. All classes that have sufficient registrations by the dates indicated will continue to take registrations up to the first day of the class.
Registration deadlines vary by course.
Online Courses: Register for online courses up to the first day of class. Online courses do not require a minimum number of registrations to be offered. Online courses renew automatically every month. Call (502) 485-3500 for more information. Please note: See the FAQ under the Instructor Facilitated Courses with Ed 2 Go section for more information.
Early Bird Registrations and other discounts cannot be used for MSD, Welding Certification, Machine Tool Certification, Real Estate Principles or Online courses. The JCPS Employee discount cannot be used for MSD, Welding Certification, Machine Tool Certification, Real Estate Principles, Online courses or classes at non-JCPS locations. Please Note: The JCPS Employee discount availability does not extend beyond the employee.
Louisville Learns will not issue refunds for classes which have been postponed due to inclement weather or other circumstances beyond our control. We will make every effort to reschedule such classes. Listen to your local news and radio stations for class cancellations due to weather.
Upon completing a registration, a registration transaction confirmation page is generated. If the student has an email address listed in their profile, the confirmation will be sent to that address. If an email address is not listed, students will be given the option to print the confirmation page. It is important that students bring their confirmation with them to the first class meeting. The instructor may ask to see the confirmation to verify enrollment.
If a student registers by phone or fax, the confirmation page will be emailed. In the case that a student does not have an active email address in their profile, the student can request this page be printed and mailed to the mailing address indicated in the student profile by calling (502) 485-3500.
Finding the Classroom
Room assignments are posted near the site manager's office at each Louisville Learns location. Jaeger Education Center classes are posted inside the main entrance. Classes held at non-JCPS locations will vary. Check with your location, or site manager upon arrival.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed! The Louisville Learns staff and team of instructors are proud of the quality of our classes and welcome your comments. Discuss any concerns you may have with your instructor, or the site manager. The following rules apply:
- Contact the site manager of the center where you are enrolled for refund information. No refunds are given after the first class meeting without the approval of the site manager and the Louisville Learns registration office. Dropping a class after the first meeting may result in the option of enrolling you in another class of your choice, or issuance of a voucher that may be applied to a class.
- Class vouchers are valid for one year and may be applied toward the cost of any Louisville Learns course within twelve months from the date of issue.
- If the Louisville Learns office cancels the class, you will be contacted and given the choice of enrolling in another class, receiving a class voucher or receiving a refund.
- PLEASE NOTE: For the Welding for Certification, Machine Tool Certification and Real Estate Principles courses the following refund policy applies: If a student chooses to withdraw anytime after the first class, the student will receive a pro-rated refund based on the number of classes attended less a $200 cancellation fee.
- If paying by MasterCard, VISA or Discover your refund transaction should post to your account within 2 to 5 business days. If paying by check or cash, allow 2 to 4 weeks for the refund to be processed.
Textbook Information -
Please note: Textbooks are recommended for language classes, but remain optional.
American Sign Language:
Beginning French: Learn the Fast and Fun Way with MP3CD, 4th Ed.,
Beginning Italian: Learn Italian the Fast and Fun Way with MP3CD, 4th Ed.,
Spanish for Beginners: Learn Spanish the Fast and Fun Way, with MP3CD, 4th Ed.,
Note: All textbooks are available for purchase online at Amazon.com, various other internet sites and local booksellers.
Please Note: Always inquire regarding vendor refund policies.
Returning Items purchased in Barnes & Noble Bookstores:
Barnes & Noble Bookstores make it easy to return an item within 14 days of purchase when you are not satisfied.
Simply bring the item and your cash register receipt to your local Barnes & Noble Bookstore for a refund to your original form of payment, or if you have a gift receipt for a refund as a gift card. Please call your local Barnes & Noble Bookstore, or check their website for more information regarding online orders.